THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN THE HANDLING OF GROUP (THAT IS, “CIRCLE”) BOOKINGS. IT IS ISSUED BY VIRGIN CRUISES INTERMEDIATE LIMITED (“VIRGIN VOYAGES,” “WE”, OR “OUR”) AND IS BINDING UPON VIRGIN VOYAGES AND CIRCLE LEADER ONCE HE/SHE BOOKS THE CIRCLE. THE CIRCLE LEADER EXPLICITLY AGREES TO THE TERMS HEREIN, AND AGREES WE MAY CHANGE, MODIFY, AND UPDATE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN, AND NOTICE MAY OR MAY NOT BE GIVEN.
1. There are a number of brand-specific terms we use within these Terms and Conditions:
2. These Terms and Conditions outline how a Circle Leader or First Mate may hold cabins for thirty (30) days (though this may be less if within 120 days of the selected Voyage, as detailed below) for group travel without all the Sailors’ payment and contact information required to book a Voyage. We call the reservation of cabins for group travel a “Circle Shell.”
3. Once the Circle Shell is created, rates are locked in and the Sailors in the Circle have thirty (30) days to provide their deposit and booking information. There are some caveats:
4. A Circle must be at least ten (10) cabins and may not exceed 150 Sailors.
5. If a Circle drops below 10 cabins (at any time prior to the Voyage sailing date), it is no longer a Circle. Each Sailor will then fall under the individual booking policy and they will lose all Circle amenities (including complimentary cabins and Sailor Loot).
6. The Circle Leader or individual Sailors may find others to join in order for their group to reinstate the Circle at prevailing rates. The Circle Leader and individual Sailors also have the option to cancel their booking if within the 30-day option window to receive a refund on their deposit.
7. Circle travel is eligible once we are able to determine, in light of the current public health crisis, when we can sail again.
8. Certain travel dates may be excluded.
9. Cabins are assigned when the name and deposit are received.
10. While a Circle may be booked 120 days or less before the Sail date, all Sailors will have to provide their financial information (and the entire Voyage Fare is due) and their personal information at the time of booking, unless our Flexible Booking Policy is enacted. No Circles may be booked within fourteen (14) days of the intended Voyage.
11. Individual bookings may be converted to a Circle before final payment is received if a minimum of ten (10) cabins is reached among all bookings. Individual bookings of at least ten (10) cabins may be converted to a Circle up to fourteen (14) days before the voyage sail date.
II. Booking Process
1. Circles may be booked:
a. Directly through Sailor Services by the Circle Leader, or
b. Through a First Mate via Sailor Services or via FirstMates.com.
2. A 20% deposit on all the Voyage Fares of the Circle’s Cabins, and the co-traveling Sailors’ essential information, is required within thirty (30) days after the Circle Shell is created.
3. Deposits are non-refundable after the thirty-day option period.
4. Individual deposits within a Circle can be converted into a Future Voyage Credit prior to final payment (which is due 120 days before the voyage).
5. All Sailor information and the full payment is required for all Sailors for any Circle booked 120 days (or less) from the voyage sail date. So, depending on when the Circle is booked, there may not be a thirty-day hold option.
6. Names and deposits would be required at the time of booking additional Circle Sailors after the thirty-day hold period, with full payment due if the additional Circle Sailors are added 120 days or less from the Voyage sailing date.
7. All bookings within a Circle must have the same First Mate (if a First Mate is used) and use the same currency.
8. The Circle Sailors’ Cabins are assigned when the Circle’s participants’ names and 20% deposits are received.
9. Circles will be booked at the same rates as individual bookings – there are no rate discounts.
10. Additional cabins may be added later to the Circle at prevailing rates, subject to availability.
11. First Mates may not use their personal or corporate credit cards to place deposits or final payments on behalf of Sailors.
IV. Circle Events
1. Virgin Voyages cannot guarantee venues/spaces for a Circle’s special events. This will be determined based on Circle size, space availability and type of events. If availability allows, we may offer select venues for private events on specific days/times based on the size of the Circles at no additional cost.
2. Beyond the venue’s standard offerings, curated special events may be arranged at a cost based on availability (i.e. custom cocktail party). Special arrangements for bookable experiences (with limitations) for Circles can be made in advance through shoreside Voyage Services, at no additional cost.
3. Due to the 'prepared to order' service in our eateries, we cannot accommodate restaurant takeovers or buy-outs seating everyone at once. Circles can be accommodated in any of the primary restaurants in groups of 25 staggered every 15 minutes. Requests for staggered dining must be made at least 90 days prior to the voyage date.
1. Once names and deposits are made on ten (10) cabins, more cabins may be added up to fourteen (14) days prior to the Voyage depending on availability.
2. A Circle’s Voyage date can be changed up until 120 days prior to voyage start date, based upon availability on future sailings.
3. If a Sailor wishes to cancel, that Sailor will receive an Future Voyage Credit for their deposit amount up until 120 days prior to voyage start date (money paid for taxes and fees, bookables, and any amounts paid in excess of the voyage fare deposit will be refunded as well).
4. At 120 days the Circle’s Voyage is locked in, though cancellations lowering the number in the Circle to under 10 cabins would result in the remaining Sailors’ reservations being transitioned into individual Sailor bookings. Sailors may detach up to 120 days prior to the Voyage.
5. If a Circle Sailor has funds applied to their reservation, and should that Circle Sailor cancel between 120 and 45 days prior to the voyage sail date, that Circle Sailor will receive a 50% Future Voyage Credit for any voyage fare paid (though money paid for taxes and fees, and bookables would be refunded).
6. A Circle cabin category may be upgraded or downgraded 121 days or longer from the voyage sail date, depending on availability. Within 120 days or sooner of the voyage sail date, a Circle cabin category may be upgraded only, depending on availability.
7. After the seven-day hold period, cabin categories can only be upgraded.
8. Any name can be changed on a Circle booking up until 48 hours the Voyage sailing date. Name changes will automatically cancel any insurance for that Sailor, and no monies will be refunded.
9. Our Sailor Services can only modify bookings for Sailors booked by a First Mate if it has no financial impact to Virgin Voyages.
10. A Sailor booked in a Circle may transfer his or her booking to another at no cost, however, costs and fees related to that travel, for example, travel insurance, air travel, transfers, and shore excursions, may not be transferable or refundable. Cancellations can be made through Sailor Services or through a First Mate.
11. If a Sailor of a First Mate wishes to cancel the Circle or their delegate booking, the Sailor must do so through their First Mate.
12. If Sailors within the Circle cancel, but enough Sailors remain to keep the Circle intact, such cancellation will be handled in accordance with Virgin Voyages’ individual booking policies, found here.
Claims, notices, declarations and other required notifications to Virgin Voyages required herein are to be sent to:
Virgin Cruises Intermediate Limited
1000 S. Pine Island Road, #600
Plantation, FL 33324
Pre-voyage notifications, pre-voyage questions related to an upcoming voyage, Sailor changes to an upcoming voyage, or requests for special services for an upcoming voyage may be directed to your First Mate or Shoreside Sailor Services through our Contact Us page (or phone 1-954-488-2955).